StuckSongSyndrome#3

It's been a while since my last playlist so this time there are five songs rather than the customary three.  At least one of these songs has been bouncing round my brain for several weeks now - more on that below. There's one older track too - though not that old - the title track from Saint Etienne's 2002 album 'Finisterre'.

'Let it Happen' by Tame Impala has been playing in this brain for quite a while now, so much so that I've decided to adopt the title as my new approach to life :-J  This track is one of those restless Tame Impala tracks that seem to start off as one song, go through some changes and finish as a different song.

Really can't say much about 'Fool' by Nadine Shah, other than I'm totally hooked. Album's good too..

The second track from Tame Impala's forthcoming album is ''Cause I'm a Man'. Not restless like the first track, it has been a slow burner that's insinuated its way into my brain.  Both tracks bode well for the new album.

'Giant Peach' works better without the 'comedy' video, a straight-ahead riff-driven rock song.  What more do you need?  Be interesting to see what the Wolf Alice debut album is like - they've been threatening to do great things for some time now, hopefully it'll be good.

I've listened to quite a few disappointingly average new albums recently so it was good to discover a good new old album.  I've been a fan of Saint Etienne since their debut but somehow 'Finnisterre' passed me by. It's their love / hate letter to London and whilst the title track is not the most obvious one to choose, I rather like it. The whole album reminds me of 'The Long Good Friday' for some reason.

As always the playlist is available through YouTube or Spotify…

 

[Edit: No longer available on Spotty-Fi, not sure why, but as this post is so old, I don't give a flying fig]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Tales From The Crypt - Friday 2nd July 2021

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021