Thee Oh Sees latest album 'A Weird Exits' is pretty cool and there is no finer way to kick-start a working day than with 'Plastic Plant' a psych workout with a humming bassline...
Back to work, after a week of feeling less than human. (No feedback required!) Still not 100%, but I am getting there. It seems odd going back to work for just two days, as I'm on leave from Thursday until the following Tuesday to fully celebrate a couple of special dates, one more personal than the other. I always celebrate the 16th of June every year, but this year it's especially significant as it is the centenary of the publication of the novel in question. I expect I'll have something to say about it in the post I write on the 16th. Looks like a plan is merging for E's return home from hospital, though not quite as soon as I'd have liked. Fingers crossed that this plan becomes a reality. Early evening Q and I have a chat and agree on a revised plan based on E's return home. Disappointingly, I won't get to spend any of the 16th with Q, which may well be a relief for her!!!! Not much more to say because it's a working day, and now only the evening rem...
Another early start, which is very beneficial, as I have to drive home again this morning. I have the morning off as annual leave, but still need to be back for work in the afternoon. A good journey back interrupted only by the need to fill up with fuel. Used a lot in the last few days! First, though, I must phone the bank and warn of an unusually large transaction, and not to worry, I am only trying to make some very rich people even richer. Oily-garchs. Getting organised for the rest of the day, primarily work. Need a coffee before I get stuck in to work, then that'll be my focus for the rest of the day. The work, not the coffee, which will soon be gone. Quite an intense afternoon of meetings, but now it's over until tomorrow... Got a bit of a sore throat, so I'm doing an LFT. Can't be too careful. Result negative, but will probably do another tomorrow and maybe again on Thursday. LFT out of the way, I'm making dinner now, planning to sit down and eat with son #2 ...
It's going to be another one of those busy work days today, and likely to be the case for the rest of the week, too. I am hoping to finish earlier today, though no guarantees. I'll just have to see how it goes. I did start the day at 7 a.m. with the yoga pranayama session followed by a few rounds of surya namaskar and then hurriedly showered and got breakfast so I could start work at 8:30 a.m. From that point on it was work, with a capital 'W'. It's about 7:30 p.m. now and it looks like I can stand down for today, at least. I just managed to write a review of the book we discussed on Monday, 'My Sister, The Serial Killer', on goodreads. Something of a habit now. Tonight is the legendary, but widely dreaded, bin night, though the less said about that the better. So that's it. I'm guessing we're going to watch the last episode of 'Good Omens' tonight, it's labelled as series 1, though I have no idea if there's any inte...
Purpose. Porpoise. Lost. An early morning check of my emails confirms that the community matron will be paying my wife a visit today, so that's a bit of good news. More fun on the PC as I confirm Saturday's shopping order with the help of all three sons. I'm still not able to go shopping, though in all honesty, it's not something I miss, apart from the fresh bread, cakes and pastries from the market. After the main carer call the community matron plus community matron in training paid my wife a visit. Oxygen sats were normal but her temperature was oddly low and the CM said previously my wife's temperature has dropped just before an infection takes hold. Listening to her chest via stethoscope found a rattling in her right lung and this confirmed she is just starting another infection. The CM was very impressed with the carers for spotting the signs so early and said we were lucky to have such good carers, which I absolutely agree with, as it's something I kn...
'Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends...' The first Saturday, post-university departures, and the start of a different 'routine'. For the first time in a long time, which breaks a tradition / habit / routine (?) that started when my wife an I first got together (give or take), I'm not doing a main food shop today. Instead food is being delivered later and I will go out and get some bread and stuff from the market, but that's all. This is an experiment rather than a new routine, which will be better for both me and son #2, who would normally have joined me (though he isn't here today anyway) and will probably enjoy this even more than I do! Since my trip to Birmingham last Saturday, I've been running low on fuel and, foolishly, kept putting off filling up because, at the time, I thought I'd leave it until the next time I go out. I really can't see the sense of driving somewhere just to get fuel. I put it off a couple of times and...
Comments
Post a Comment