Te Quero Longe



I've been been following Brazil's Boogarins ever since I heard their songs '6000 Dias (Ou Mantra dos 20 Anos)' and 'Tempo' (Hmm! there's a common theme there...) way back in...let me see now...2015 or 2016.

Their blend of tropicalia, psychedelia and rock is enjoyably intoxicating at it's best, but, annoyingly, their albums have been inconsistent: not that they've been bad, just that - without a grasp of Brazilian (be very wary of grasping Brazilian) and/or Portuguese (are they the same thing? I am afraid I don't know, though Google Translate seems to think they are) a route in to some of the songs is difficult.

Their latest, soon to be released in the UK, album, 'Sombrou Duvida', which allegedly translates as 'Shadow Doubt', is the one that finally lands as an album for me.  Several songs have already become favourites, including the song above, 'Te Quero Longe', which has a trippy, languorous, hazy summer's day red-wine-mist feel, with a dream-like phased and distorted outro...sheer bliss...

I suspect they are one of those bands whose natural home is live performance, so I've included a link below to some a live session which starts with the aforementioned '6000 Dias'...I just love the guitar solo mid-song...


Do yourself a favour and catch some Brazilian flavours while you can...

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020