Prisoner of Mars


[Third attempt at writing this]

With any luck I am experiencing post-holiday blues today: I have just returned from five days staying with friends in the South of France, which culminated in me flying in a light aircraft from Cannes and taking the controls to execute several manoeuvres - the dream of a lifetime (Thank you so much Kathy and Lloyd!) So I guess it's no surprise today is a bit of an anti-climax, though that has been made worse by another event (or rather non-event), which it would be unfair to share here.

Freedom from the constant demands of being a carer for the past five days has highlighted to me how great the pressure normally is. Being back I feel as if I have picked up a hundred-weight sack of potatoes that I cannot put down. This has been life for the past five or more years, so I guess it will feel like normality before the day is out.

I've been trying to make the most of this unexpectedly free day, but find myself with little interest in anything much, except the past week spent away.

In particular I've been listening to new music - something which often brings joy to me - but find little to interest me today: could be bad timing (perhaps today is not the right day) or could be that it's just mediocre. I really cannot tell.

I can't quite recall what took me here...no, hang on, it started with Laure Briard's album 'Un peu plus d'amour s'il vous plaît' (which is mostly sung in French, and made me think of Laetitia Sadier, which in turn took me here) but I was drawn to this album, Stereolab's 'Dots and Loops', and I think this melancholy number sums up how I'm feeling, especially the middle section, sung, most appropriately, in French. [It was a toss-up between this song and 'The Flower Called Nowhere' from the same album]

[I think I have finally captured what I was trying to express, even though it's a bit clunky in places]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020