In memory of Trish Keenan

Nine Feet Underground was saddened to hear of the untimely death of Trish Keenan, lead singer of Broadcast, earlier this month.


I've been a fan of Broadcast and Trish's voice since I first heard the band on John Peel's radio show way back when. Most recently I have been entranced by Broadcast's recordings with The Focus Group, especially 'Investigate Witch Cults of the Radio Age'.


Apart from sending me back to the albums - including the aforementioned joint EP with The Focus Group and 'The Noise Made By People' - I've also been looking and videos and live recordings on You Tube.


As a small gesture in return for the pleasure their music has brought me, here's a link to them performing 'Come On Let's Go' from the album 'The Noise Made By People' on Jools Holland's show way back in 2000.

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020

Lockdown Diary - Friday 18th December 2020