Thus I descended from the first and came Into the second ring, of lesser space And greater pain

[Tuesday 27th November to Friday 30th November 2018]


After Monday's positive/negative (HTFSIK?), I descended into hell. Work has been in tents. Sorry, no that should be intense. Culminating in a marathon writing session on Friday that went well beyond a normal length working day (whatever one of those is).  Worse than that, I know I will have to make some changes to the document on Monday, which, in theory is a day's annual leave. The demands of work have kept other thoughts at bay, though I mustn't forget that that was how the descent began earlier this year. Short term. Temporary. Needs must and all that. In amongst all that I went and saw Dylan Moran at the Hexagon. The dark humour and misanthropic world view treading a fine line between comedy and my life. As-Is. As opposed to To-Be. {{{{{Architect Joke. Not}}}}


[Title is quote from Canto 5 of 'Hell' in 'The Divine Comedy' by Dante (trans. Peter Dale)]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020