The sun shone, having no alternative, on the nothing new



The usual mix of ups, downs, highs and lows.  The difficulties of understanding people and the difficulty of getting across an equivalent understanding of oneself. Only direct speaking, however shocking, seems to to work. Even then, it seems, some things are open to misinterpretation and misunderstanding. I strive to survive. For reasons I know not why.

I love this song. Appropriately it haunts my days and my nights. It seems to encapsulate both beauty and danger; the most exquisite combination on the path to damnation. I like the broken words.

The track is the just-released Afrodeutsche remix of 'Day Dreaming' from Marie Davidson's rather wonderful album 'Working Class Woman' from last year.



[The title of this blog is stolen from Samuel Beckett, from the opening of the novel 'Murphy'  ]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Tales From The Crypt - Friday 2nd July 2021

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021