Love, Poetry and Revolution - Wednesday 26th June 2024

Only my second post in June and the month is almost over!

I have been busy being and doing, hence only a little posted here.  Life changes and priorities change.  

The 'return to running programme' took a hit with the recurrence of right knee pain, something that has dogged me ever since my knee operation way back when.  Arthroscopy I believe is the word.  I think the meniscus was mentioned too. There are some exercises which strengthen some muscles that hold the knee cap in place, but I've forgotten what they are. I used to have a book called 'The Runners Repair Handbook' (or something like that) but I gave it away as I thought I'd never run again. Never say never.  I guess Google is the answer.  It would help if I could remember what the muscles are called. 

The walking has slowed down too, as even that hurts my knee but with exercises (see earlier), this should return to normal. I hope.

Despite exercising less, I've still continued to lose weight. Not a lot, but some is better than none. Not eating chocolate and sweet things helps.

I plan to walk later today in the sweltering heat.

Q and I went to Prague before Father's Day, which was an enjoyable break.  Kafka, sunshine, Czech food and lots of history.  Owing to Q having to attend a work meeting, I visited the museum for a few hours one afternoon, a visit which had unforeseen consequences.  I managed to catch COVID in the museum and subsequently shared it unwittingly.  When we got back to the UK, I thought I had a cold. Instead, I had C-19, but I didn't find out until Q got it, so I tested myself and sure enough, positive.  I gave it to two of my sons (all of home are home now as son #2 has returned from CR with his gf) and to E.  Somehow E fought it off with minimum impact, probably helped by the fact she'd had a booster a couple of months ago.

E has had some other health issues beyond a contagious husband, but, despite some periods of weakness, continues to fight on.  In the next few weeks, I'm seeing Nick Mason's Saucerful of Secrets at the Albert Hall, attending the Idler festival in London with Q and travelling to Thailand with the entire gang. Whilst we're in Thailand I'm planning to catch up with a good friend (from secondary school days) who has made a life out there with his wife.  Not to mention RIAT at RAF Fairford. 

Q has suffered from the effects of COVID and though we are both now testing negative, we both have lingering symptoms.  We both feel unnaturally tired, and Q has a cough that won't go away.

Life is good and we're having fun, really looking forward to July, but equally enjoying each day as it comes.  Trying to live life to the fullest despite the ever-present end-of-life process that E is enduring.

I'm sure there's much more I could write about because it's been a busy month, but I have things to do.  Clothes to sell on Vinted. Stuff like that.

Amongst all this activity I've still found time to listen to new music since music is my lifeblood.

Boards Of Canada /  'Happy Cycling'  / 'Music Has The Right To Children'


[['Happy Cycling' is one of my favourite BOC tunes. At around 3 minutes and 24 seconds the main melody kicks in, and it's incredibly beautiful. It has a wonderful eerie melancholy feel, which so many of the best BOC tunes do.  The delayed entrance of the melody makes it all the better when it arrives. ]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Tales From The Crypt - Tuesday 29th March 2022

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Friday 2nd June 2023

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Wednesday 8th February 2023

Tales From The Crypt - Monday 31st January 2022