Love, Poetry and Revolution - Friday 7th June 2024

Midway through the second week of C25K.  It's not been too bad though my knees seem to be taking a battering, like cod, but so far no chips. None that I can see at least. If this doesn't go well I'll change it to C25KC. Couch to 5K couch. Better for the knees. Can you get a 5K couch? Seems a lot to pay.

I am feeling better for it and appear to have lost some weight too, probably in the form of marbles.

Life has been busy lately. Apart from building a shed with the help of sons 1 and 3, I've also been getting organised for upcoming holidays and continuing my clearing/decluttering processes.

I've also visited Q in Liverpool, where I attended last week's Idler.  The guest last week was Phil Manzanera of Roxy Music fame, amongst many other musical exploits.  He's got an autobiography titled, 'Revolución to Roxy', which I've read and enjoyed. Best of all, I got to ask him a question.  As Q put it at the time, I went full fanboy. As if.

This post has taken three attempts to write.  I planned to write it last Sunday, but real life took over.  I had a serious go yesterday and almost finished it, but alas the Challenger disaster/Chernobyl took precedence (see Adam Higginbotham).

One advantage of finishing this a day later is that there is an update on the running/fitness/losing weight plan.  On the positive front, my weight continues to decrease, slowly. Today was a rest day according to the plan, though I always do thirty minutes of brisk walking on my rest days. No rest for the wicked, and all that.  I'm getting hints of shin splints and my right knee is still slightly troubled. Based on that, I'm 'listening to my body' and postponing tomorrow's run, though I will still walk briskly.

I want to say something about the Killing Joke documentary, 'The Death and Resurrection Show', but my nascent thoughts have yet to coalesce into anything concrete. 

Roxy Music /  'Out Of The Blue'  / 'Country Life'


[[One of Phil Manzanera's compositions, and one of my favourite Roxy numbers.

As a side note, the original cover of 'Country Life', which I was very fond of as a young man, has been amended in more recently released versions. At least one of which only features bushes. Or shrubbery. Or maybe tree-based foliage.]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Wednesday 26th June 2024

Tales From The Crypt - Tuesday 29th March 2022

Tales From The Crypt - Thursday 27th January 2022

Tales From The Crypt - Monday 31st January 2022

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Friday 2nd June 2023