Love, Poetry and Revolution - Sunday 6th October 2024

I've been doing chair yoga via an online app for 30 days. I plan to restart full-on yoga, without a chair, as soon as I feel I've regained flexibility from my previous years of yoga. 

As with so many apps of the ilk, the narrator is from the United States of America.  He is serious about his instructions, but some of the oft-repeated phrases make me chuckle. I especially enjoy "...and don't forget to breathe".  So far,  so good. Another is "...hold this pose with strength and grace."  Neither of whom are present. 

The last week has been busy. Q's father and stepmother are in Europe for a month or so and were in Liverpool for several days.  It was great to meet them and have a chance to get to know each other.   During the days whilst Q was at work, we visited lots of Beatles-related sites and also the Anglican cathedral, which has incredible architecture.  We visited the Beatles museum where I discovered that Paul McCartney and Pete Best were deported from Germany on a trumped-up arson charge.  Never knew about that.  Not only did we do the cultural thing, but we also had some amazing meals out. I really enjoyed the week, despite the rain. 

Q's garden was also visited by a hedgehog.  Jolly little creature. Time passes so quickly when you're having fun.

I returned home for a double dose of jabbing: COVID and flu.  (Or as one local put it, 'flue'.)

I'm hoping to meet up with a mate who's over from Berlin, but my schedule is packed. Two gigs up North next week.  Then several appointments down South: an MOT for me and also my car. Not to mention my feet. I said, "Don't mention my feet."

Sons one and two have an imminent birthday celebration and we're trying to work out the logistics, given that number one is at University in Brum.

October ends with a visit to Amsterdam, where Q's daughter now lives.  Not only that, Q's Dad and stepmum will also arrive there at the same, before they head back to Australia, I think. I've only ever been to Amsterdam on business before, so this is a first.   Lot's to do and see, all being well the trip has a green light.  

I have this urge to write a music blog again.  It might happen this time. Can't even remember what I called it, it's so long since I first had the idea.

Descartes a Kant /  'After Destruction'  / 'After Destruction'


[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Friday 11th October 2024

Takes From The Crypt - Tuesday 28th December 2021

Lockdown Diary - Sunday 20th December 2020

Tales From The Crypt - Saturday 12th March and Sunday 13th March 2022

Todd Rundgren ‘State’ Tour – O2 Shepherd’s Bush Empire 15th Jun 2013