Love, Poetry and Revolution - Sunday 24th September 2023

When I decided to change the self-imposed rules for this blog, specifically with regard to its publication frequency, I had a vague idea it would be less infrequent.

Life, however, plays by its own rules.

There seems to be an unprecedented amount of chaos surrounding me and those I love. In my mind's eye I have an image of a painting that encapsulates this high level of entropy.  I can't fins what I'm imagining (so far), so the image below is one of several I considered as alternatives.


(Copyright Tomika Takeda, "Hope Amidst Chaos")

So, why today?  Probably it's a breathing space before re-entering the fray.  I had an idea about a particular writing experiment that I want to attempt, one which combines my love of music and writing, but I haven't time to fully think it through. It's in embryonic form and further gestation is required.

What's been going down, maaaan?

Since last I put finger to keyboard, which in turn sent electrons in an ordered pattern to the CPU and thence further up into the non-existent cloud, I have done a variety of things.

What I haven't yet managed to do is return to Liverpool.  Q's house is still not yet habitable, though, fingers crossed, it will be later this week. 

I am about to start my final week on my current project on Tuesday, after which, who knows?

Last weekend I went for a walk with school friends around the village of South Stoke (near Goring) culminating in a meal at the Perch and Pike pub on the day of its re-opening.  We weren't fully quorate and then one of those who'd assembled had to return from whence he'd come, due to unforeseen circumstances.

On the good news front, son #2 has just got the results of his IT apprenticeship which he passed with distinction. 

Yesterday I was netted by the excellent music/art documentary "Squaring The Circle" about the wonderful Hipgnosis. It's a fascinating documentary from the perspective of music, social history of the 1970s and of friendship.

One thing that has been occupying my mind and time has been my interest in airband radio. In particular I've been engaged in experimenting with different antenna and the Airspy. One of the highlights has been today's catch of a flight of four RAF Typhoons air refuelling from a tanker.  Tanker and chicks continued on to the Mediterranean.  One view of this appears below:




I've listened to a lot of music, of course, but only bought the Blur album "The Ballad of Darren", which is one of their best and way better than it ought to be.  Maybe more on that later.

One of the reasons I've not bought much music is that I'm wondering about the future of me and new music. Wondering whether I should go partially digital, or worse (excepting some albums which one must physically possess. My precious!) Coveting things etc.

Choosing what will appear below is difficult - there's so much to choose from (maybe I need an all music post) - but choose I will.

Art Feynman /  'Gaslight'  / 'Be Good The Crazy Boys'


[[Isn't Art Feynman a physicist?  Now deceased?]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020