Love, Poetry and Revolution - Saturday 7th October 2023

My last full day in Liverpool for a week. 😔 I've just had my haircut in a local barbershop and managed not to discuss football,  a narrow escape after last weekend's VAR controversy and the team I follow.  Instead, the barber chatted about Wroclaw, where he spends a lot of time and has a house. Last Saturday night, after the controversial result the taxi driver who took us home, was almost in tears.  I've certainly noticed the level of the River Mersey rise since last weekend.

It's an open day at the university today, so Q is there representing on behalf of Education.

Exciting times are ahead, potentially, as we have been booking a big house for Christmas with our collective set of children and maybe some partners.  Not only that, there are gigs booked and maybe a trip to Berlin in early December.

Talking of music, there's so much I could share that I don't know where to begin...maybe I'll insert several tunes here, for a change.

Cardiacs /  'Day Is Gone'  / 'Heaven Born and Ever Bright'


[[They never get enough airplay, but produced some incredibly stirring stuff, like this...]]

A completely different vibe, and is dedicated to Q...

Neil Young /  'You and Me'  / 'Harvest Moon'


[[I've only recently discovered this album and, boy, am I glad I did.  It's a revelation, despite the bloody banjos (could have been worse, could be ukelele!), I am smitten.]]

Lastly, out of nowhere

Thurnin /  'Saera'  / (Single?)


[[Love it]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020