Love, Poetry and Revolution - Saturday 30th December 2023

Christmas is over for another year, and what a fabulous Christmas it was.  We all (me, Q, sons 1, 2 and 3, with guest appearances from E's brother, his wife and Q's daughter at different points) spent a week away in North Wales at a wonderful large house on on hillside, overlooking the sea.

Lots of festive fun, food and films ('Man Up', 'Click and Collect') with wonderful company. It was so good to be away, for the first time in a long while.  E was being looked after by one of the carers, who stayed with her each night, so she wasn't alone.  It a big deal to do this, but I think I and the boys (young men) benefitted from the break/respite, even if it did unleash the inner adolescent at times.

Q and I are about to head off to Berlin for a week now. An opportunity to spend time with a good friend and his wife, a chance for Q to meet more of my friends, and also a chance for us to celebrate her birthday out of the country.

It all seems a bit hectic, but this could be life for us in 2024. Who knows?  Either way, I'll not be working.

Last night, sons 1, 2, 3 and I watched this year's BBC ghost story - it was called 'Lot 249', written by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle and adapted for TV by the excellent Mark Gatiss.  Great fun, with a suitable amount of menace and surprises. I thoroughly recommend it, though, so far, it's the only Christmas TV we've watched.

Todd Rundgren /  'The Want Of  A Nail'  / 'Nearly Human'


[[Love this song and this performance, the whole album was recorded live in the studio and this video is great, apart from some of the cuts.  I'm sure I've seen a private video of this son, without as much editing. It's even better.]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020