Love, Poetry and Revolution - Thursday 14th December 2023

Today would have been the second day of annual leave for December had I not retired, which contributes to the 'unrealness' of retirement so far. You're probably thinking, 'I hope he stops banging on about being retired', and I probably will, once it starts to feel normal and real. Novelty value and all that.

For the past couple of weeks I have been busy getting organised for Christmas, not just the event, but also ensuring that E has all the medication and supplies she'll need.  Getting hold of things over the break will be difficult.  For the first time in many years we should be away for the main event, which we're both looking forward to, though it requires additional planning and organisation over and above Christmas at home.  Dead excited though!

Next year is shaping up to be quite a year, too, but of course, that hangs in the balance as it always does. Watch this space.

Amongst all the recent organisational activities, I did manage to get a weekend away with Q in Liverpool, which was excellent though mostly spent... organising things for Christmas. Our last chance to meet before Christmas itself.

Just for your information, I'm not missing work, and suspect that I won't, but if I do you'll read about it here first.

Slowly the realisation is dawning upon me that, in general (tomorrow being an exception to that), I don't have to rush to get anything done. I was saying to one of the carers this morning that I was late showering today and things were all out of sequence and she said, 'What difference does it make, you don't have to get things done by a specific time', and realised she is right. I can choose to organise my days however works best for me.  A freedom it will take a while for me to adjust to, it seems.

Slowdive /  'kisses'  / 'everything is alive'


[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020