Love, Poetry and Revolution - Friday 19th January 2024

Notes from the edge. The latest bulletin.

Having the freedom to use your time as you wish is not as straightforward as it might seem. God knows how many years of getting up and being driven by the clock takes a lot of unlearning.

I do get up later. A bit.  My thinking, however, still struggles to draw the logical conclusion.  Today, for the first time, I decided to walk before showering (there's no rush to get it done) and take my time, having breakfast nearer to ten-thirty.

I still want to maximise the use of my time, but I guess I don't need to be so clock-driven.

Another thing I think I'm finding (though this may take a while longer for a conclusion) is that I need to exercise my brain still. A lot. 

To that end I continue to learn German,  I have the puzzle that is 'Cain's Jawbone' to attempt, I have courses I'm doing not to mention hobby-related stuff that is quite complex.

I've also started cooking more from scratch again and am making my own ginger shots (no big deal, tbh - don't know why I didn't do it sooner. Actually, yes I do. Lack of time.)

Maybe I need greater challenges? I'm not sure yet.

One thing has been a major problem so far this year is sleep.

I was sleeping so well last year, but this year I'm not.  Despite the lack of sleep (according to my watch and my experience) and feeling of tiredness during the day, I don't seem to be sleeping any better.

There are several things on my mind, most notably next week's hospital visit, but I am not consciously worrying about it. I've been getting daily exercise, despite the cold, but that doesn't seem to help either.  Perhaps I need more exercise?

All of the above being said, I am really enjoying my freedom.  That's the main thing.

Yeah Yeah Yeahs /  'Zero'  / 'It's Blitz


[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020