Love, Poetry and Revolution - Thursday 11th January 2024

A January date in double figures - already!  

After narrowly surviving a mass DVD landslide in my office, I am in the process of selling some and giving a whole load more to whichever charity will accept them.  CDs take note! This is what happens to media that attempts to kill me, unsuccessfully.  I daren't say this too loud, as I haven't even considered the books yet. I fear they have a greater chance of success on the killing front, as opposed to DVDs and CDs, which, unless really lucky (e.g. a disc severing an artery - what are the odds?), can only expect to cause injury or maiming.

I feel that this week is my first week of retirement proper, though even now I am not fully organised to enjoy.  I need to stop and spend some time thinking about what I want and what would make me happiest, apart from exacting revenge on some errant DVDs.  There's been so much to do this week and I've spent time creating the first pass at a large list of things that need doing in the short, medium and long terms, that I've not really slowed down.  In truth, something inside me doesn't want to slow down. I have an innate need to do things, to get things done, but I am also aware I need to make space for calm thought rather than continual action.  One of the carers said to me this week that I don't stop, and I suppose she's largely right.  Just need to find the right balance.

This has ended up being longer than I expected, and I haven't even mentioned OneDrive (FFS!!!) I only intended to write about my narrow escape from death's clutches (is that over-dramatic?), but my mind wanders on, and on, and on...

What we need is music. So here it comes...

Lucy Rose /  'Could You Help Me'  / (Single)


[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020

Lockdown Diary - Friday 18th December 2020