Love, Poetry and Revolution - Thursday 12th February 2026

I've just returned from a walk in the rain, ironically to see if the route to the pub has flooded. It hasn't. Yet.

I went to see Kavus Torabi on the last night of the final leg of his tour in support of his solo album, 'The Banishing'.

Had a good chat with him before and after his set, and he talked of his plans for the next two years. The imminent release of another Gong album, followed by a big tour, and then the release of another solo album in October. Good to chat. (I also went full-on fan-boy and got a selfie with him.  As usual, I took a dreadful photo of me, at least)

I spent some time listening to music yesterday, and amongst the gems I'd not listened to for a while was a song from the album 'Soon Over Babaluma' by the German band Can.

Can are one of my favourite bands across the years. Their musical styles are diverse, often far from what you might call 'rock' music. They have a great sense of humour too. Where they picked up on styles from different parts of the world, they titled each song 'Ethnological Forgery Series (EFS)' with a number. No claims to authenticity.  They even appeared on 'Top of The Pops' with their minor hit 'I Want More'.

I love this song, 'Come Sta, La Luna'. I've chosen not to include the lyrics as this is one of those cases where they don't matter as much as the music, and in fact they are part of the music.
 
'Come Sta, La Luna'  from the album 'Soon Over Babaluma'.



Comments

Popular Posts

Music Press End of Year Lists

Spotify and Me

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 15th April 2021

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 17th September 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 15th July 2020