Tales From The Crypt - Monday 8th August 2022

A very quiet day compared to yesterday. Feels like I am waiting for something to change. 

Yesterday I read the last poem from the Clive James poetry anthology 'The Fire of Joy: Roughly 80 Poems to Get by Heart and Say Aloud'. This means that at a rate of one poem a week I must have started this well over a year ago. Expatriate Australians rule! 


The habit of reading a poem a week (daily) must continue, so instead of buying a new book (shock horror! Have I lost the plot?) I went to my collection and chose the anthology '100 Poems On The Underground', which, in theory, should keep me going for almost two years! The Clive James book is better by virtue of the personal commentary on the poems (not explanations) presenting his idiosyncratic, occasionally verging on the non-PC, thoughts.  Good book, shame there won't be a companion volume.

In general, it's been a day for chilling though climate change is making that a challenge.

I had long phone calls with my sisters (separately) to catch up on each other's news.

I also finished reading the weekend papers and managed to listen to part of the new album by Brian Jackson, before being rudely interrupted to help start making dinner.

Watched the first episode of 'The Undeclared War' (again) with sons 1 and 2 and son #1's gf over dinner.

No news is good news?

Charlotte Hatherley / 'How Deep Is Your Love' / 'Night Vision (EP)'


[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020

Lockdown Diary - Friday 18th December 2020