Love, Poetry and Revolution - Friday 13th March 2026
Back in 2018, I heard a song that instantly captured my heart. I suppose it's a melancholy tune; several of the lyrics struck a chord and are similarly melancholic.
At the time of hearing the tune, I was beginning to emerge from the storm-tossed sea of melancholia I was immersed in. I still love the song, though I am in a much calmer and comforting sea now, thankfully. (“God! ... Isn't the sea what Algy calls it: a great sweet mother? The snotgreen sea. The scrotumtightening sea. Epi oinopa ponton. Ah, Dedalus, the Greeks! I must teach you. You must read them in the original. Thalatta! Thalatta! She is our great sweet mother. Come and look.”)
I've been listening to the song several times recently, and it struck me that it was a bit prophetic by way of both the song title ('Hello') and also its reference to Q in the second line. I didn't know her at the time, but perhaps this song pointed to a brighter future.
[Verse 1]I arrived at two from a thought I hadTalking with Q in the back of a cabOnce we were lost and we never came backI can only exist so long as you laughDon't give up on me if I ever leave townAin't it sad to see your life not work out?What made you think I would live in your frownAs you're waiting around for the witches to drown?[Chorus]Allocate[Verse 2]I suppose I could be here in the nowStill we find ourselves in the previous yearDear Mali H. I'm fed up with myselfAnd the tears I inhaled to are not good for my health[Chorus]Allocate[Hook]Once I was lost and I never came backI can only exist long as you laughWhat made you think I could live in your frownAs you're waiting around for the witches to drown?[Chorus]Allocate
Here is Damien Jurado being Secretly not Canadian!
Comments
Post a Comment