"I would to heaven that I were so much clay"

[14th October 2018]



I chose this song in part because it's been going round my head for several weeks now. I also chose it because it serves two strands of thought, one more painful than the other: it's a reminder that not everything by Emerson, Lake and Palmer is about bombast and reworkings of classical music (TFFT!); it also serves to echo a sadness and a longing that cannot be tempered, painfully reminding me that choices have consequences, however unforeseen and unintended.

[Post title is opening line of 'I would to heaven that I were so much clay' by Lord Byron]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020

Lockdown Diary - Friday 18th December 2020