"They flee from me that sometime did me seek"

It's been more than 14 months since I last wrote a blog. Admittedly this was hardly the Piccadilly Circus of blogs, but this is probably the longest gap in it's history. 


There is an explanation, of course there is, but that'll have to wait for another day.  This wouldn't have been the place for the explanation but I'm gradually going to change what I write here. In the past it was just about music, what I liked and why, along with my attempts to capture in words the experience of seeing bands I like perform live. There will still be room for that and the focus on music will not have changed entirely either. Books and life might creep in a bit more but music will still be at the heart of it...

At the very least I plan to use this blog as a diary, with my entries inextricably linked with a piece of music that encapsulates or relates to the day in question. If the entries are to be daily, then they will be short - so little time and too much to do! Let's be honest, writing about it always comes a poor second to doing it. Whatever "it" may be. Well, maybe except dying. Hold that thought. 

In the meantime I've been using Facebook as the diary, with just a day of the week (in one language or another) and a link to the YouTube capture of the song of the day. Occasionally there have been oblique words that express, cryptically for the most part, something else about the relationship of song and the day's events. I have come to realise Facebook is not the place for it.

A number of gigs have been and gone since I last wrote, most notably Microdisney's performance of 'The Clock Comes Down the Stairs' at the Barbican...


...and another chance to see old favourites Dreadzone again, but with a new line-up.



There may be a few odd bits of writing that turn up here because they ought to be here rather than on Facebook, but those anomalies aside, the focus is on being a diary. Let's see if I can can that up for a week....

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020