Kill yourself before receiving Something out of all this breathing


Not sure how I came to listen to this today? I think it was a suggested song when I listened to something else, though not something from this album nor by Todd.

It is, however, one of my favourite songs from one of my favourite albums ('Todd'). The title of this post are from the song's lyrics - one of my favourite couplets from any song.

I could write reams about the song's structure (tentative beginning, slow build etc etc) the instrumentation, the way Todd uses his voice as an instrument, but today the song can speak for itself.

[In the context of the song, 'kill yourself' could be read as in the meaning of the tarot card 'Death', as in learning and change, for those who may be concerned]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020

Lockdown Diary - Friday 18th December 2020