Tales From The Crypt - Monday 9th May 2022

My non-working day starts with me checking on the progress of son #2's BA flight from Miami to London. When I first look it has over 4 hours to go and is to the south-east of Gander in New York's oceanic airspace at 38,000 feet and travelling at a decent 540 knots groundspeed. Guess the flight is picking up some speed courtesy of the Jetstream.

Several jobs to do around the house today, including changing my bed. At least it looks as if I'll be able to wash the bedding and get it dried in the fresh air as it's pretty warm, if not blazingly sunny.

Somehow the morning evaporates getting some minor chores done and it's almost time to make lunch.  As son #3 and I gear up to make lunch, son #2 arrives home from Costa Rica via Heathrow. He's knackered as he didn't sleep on the flight 

After lunch, I mix up some mortar to fill the hole in the brickwork that resulted from the repair/replacement of the central heating drain valve.  This turns out to be an easy job and so next I turn to the double-glazed doors that I want to replace the locks in. The first step is to remove the lock and then take measurements before ordering new ones. As always seems to be the case with such things, our lock measurements are seemingly non-standard. They are measured in 5mm increments, but our locks measure 47mm to the securing bolt hole. I order a 45 mm lock and cross my fingers.  I may have fun trying to fit it when it arrives!

After getting all these jobs done, there is no time to read the papers, so that'll have to wait until bedtime and other opportunities as the week progresses.

Son #3 and I make dinner and eat it while watching an episode of WILTY. We are not joined by son #2 who has his dinner with his gf.  My plan to spend a bit more time hearing about the holiday will have to wait until tomorrow and beyond.

It's now time to head upstairs, chat, read and sleep.

Juicy / 'Call Me' / 'Mobile'


[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020

Lockdown Diary - Friday 18th December 2020