Tales From The Crypt - Thursday 15th September 2022

It started with a walk
In the back of the estate
How could I resist
The aroma of the early morning air

(With apologies to Hot Chocolate)

That is how my day started, after which work became my main focus.

It was another day of revolving doors: son #2 is accompanying his gf to Heathrow as she begins her long journey home to Costa Rica, via Boston and Newark. United!!!

It's also son #1's gf's birthday today, so they're off out too and of course, son #3 is sunning himself with his gf in Menorca.

For a while, the house is almost empty, silent apart from the sound of the air mattress pump cycling and the planned interruption of E's carers.

The peak of excitement for me today is the slow cooker experiment.  Tonight's dinner will be pulled pork (I'm sure there's a joke in there somewhere, but I'll restrain myself), which goes on at around midday after minimal preparation. Tomorrow night chicken cacciatore. A new future beckons.

Work seamlessly transforms into the Idler Inn virtual darts competition (Zoom series), knockout round. A couple of hours of chat with some good friends encompassing arrows, bands from the Isle of Wight, self-help and care for some, Sponge Bob, work/retirement, a funeral and lots more.

During the video call, two sons returned and served our dinner whilst I chatted.

We all sat and watched the last episode of 'Big Boys' before a present-giving session for son #1's gf.

Rounded off my day with a chat with Q about this and that, before reading as a passport to the land of slumbers.

The Bees / 'These Are The Ghosts' / 'Free The Bees'


[[One of my all-time favourite songs...]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020