Unconscious and insane, I spill sad energy everywhere

[Monday 19th to Wednesday 21st November 2018]


As suggested by the date range, spare time has been in short supply this week. Primarily this has been due to work, sadly. Anyway, the first half of the week started with a hint of possibility, so I guess the choice of song reflects that. More than that I cannot say.

Yeah, I know it's an Al Green cover and yeah, I also know that David Byrne is no Al Green. But...I still love this version. First off I love the opening drum line and the bit where Tina Weymouth's bass kicks in - the pair of these underpin the whole song and give it an uplifting bounce.  Second, David Byrne's phrasing just works and builds to a great crescendo- words and music in the final minute. Soul indeed.

[Blog title is a line from 'Sometimes I Forget Completely' by Rumi]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020