Lockdown Diary - Friday 15th January 2021

Despite being very busy at work this week, it seems to be going very slowly, though perhaps that's also because I am finding it so tedious being reliant on everyone else for so much and not being able to much exercise for fear of exploding abdominally. (Aside: Which reminds me,  the doctor said my belly button arrangement was also a hernia, so my longstanding fear that belly buttons can un-knot themselves and leak out your innards is in fact reality - and I'd let people convince me this was ridiculous! Who's having the last laugh now? Not me, I guess)

My working morning is back to back calls starting at 8:30, which is always a challenge to getting things done, further exacerbated by the ops team nagging me to book all my leave for 2021 which is allied to a whole bunch of rules about how much leave has to be taken by certain dates.

Work

Lunch today was Thai pork sausages, courtesy of our twin Thai carers, and a very good lunch it was.  Two types of sausage: normally spiced and hot, Thai-style.  We each had some of both sorts though some parts of the hot one were allegedly spicier than others, according to my sons. I found it hot - my lips were tingling (this is beginning to sound like, nah! forget it!) - but still enjoyable, the twins reckon there were much hotter bits which I'd not have been able to stand. We'll never know!

Work

It's now evening and time to make dinner: fish stew tonight and I'm initially assisted by son #3, before being joined by son #2 as the kitchen reaches the maximum number of cooks, without risking spoiling the broth (stew).

The fish stew was very enjoyable and we manage to watch two episodes of 'Mr. Robot', before the usual quiesce and shutdown sequence begins. Memory leakage cleared until the next day.

More good news on 2021's musical horizon...Stereolab are releasing another (the fourth) compilation of rarities and oddities in the series called 'Switched On...', with 'Switched On Volume 4' being titled 'Electrically Possessed'.  Ahead of the album release comes the upbeat single 'Dimension M2'


[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020