Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 26th January 2021

Back to work again! This seems to happen with alarming regularity, feels like every week to me.  It would be churlish to say every day is like every other, give or take the intrusion of work, but I'm starting to believe that is the reality.

So, to work.  I am ridiculously busy at the moment, so I'm probably going to write very little after this.

A brief break from work during the lunch time carer call as I don my apron and gloves and am transformed into a nurse with extremely limited capabilities, in fact only one skill, the ability to flush my wife's catheter. The whole process takes around 15 minutes from start to finish, after which I return to being just plain old me.

Back to work. I end up eating my lunch while working, which is not a good plan - I must stop doing this - and also, in doing so I realise that I am not following doctor's orders and am still spending far too much time sat down.  I must do better.

I had hoped to go out for a brief walk with son #2 today, but we are both busy with work and by the time our paths cross, it is dark. Tomorrow.

During the evening/final carer call of the day I decide I should stop working soon. I have put in more than enough hours today and there is always more - it could fill every hour of each day, if I let it.

As a break from work I read some more of 'All The Pretty Horses' in an attempt to stay on track for Monday. 

Time to make dinner, this time son #3 and I work to get it under way, leading to the usual gathering in front of the TV to watch the next episode of 'Mr. Robot'.

The cycle begins again. Work. Eat. Sleep. Repeat.

Something else from last year, John Foxx and the Maths with 'Howl' from the album of the same name


[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020