Lockdown Diary - Saturday 30th January 2021

Having got the worst part of Saturday morning out of the way, son #1 and I sat together in the living room and ate our breakfast and drank coffee, before he returned to bed and I got on with more boring chores.

I have a few extra chores to do this weekend, but I'll probably leave those until tomorrow in order to spread the excitement!  On top of reading the papers I need to find time to finish 'All The Pretty Horses' this weekend and really do need to get out and go for a walk.

The morning is eaten up by chores and the odd exchange with friends over their messaging platform of choice.  Son #1 and I make lunch then part company to eat - he returns to his PC and I go to the living room and eat whilst looking at the world passing by outside the window.

After lunch I decide it's time to attack 'All The Pretty Horses'. I've just read 60 pages or so, which leaves about 40 to finish tomorrow assuming I don't read any more today.

Change of reading matter - read a bit of today's papers before watching more of the 'Teenage Superstars' documentary on the music scene around Glasgow in the 1980s and 1990s.

I start the dinner ahead of film night, with the film already chosen by son #2: intriguingly he's chosen 'Coco' an animated film about the day of the dead.

'Coco' was OK, quite an interesting story line and the animation was fun - certainly unlike anything we've watched on a Saturday night previously.

After that the usual sequence of events before sleep.

Somehow I found myself back at 'Katy Lied' and so today's tune will be 'Daddy Don't Live In That New York City No More' by Steely Dan.


[[~~]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020