Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 27th January 2021

What is there to say that hasn't already been said a thousand times or more before?  Work will be my focus for most of the day, as yesterday.

Work this morning was a back to back series of calls from 8:30 until 11:00, by which time I need a break from both the screen and the headset. Most of the calls required me to be looking at the screen, so it was hard to get up and move about, until the final hour, which did permit a bit of movement, at least.

An interruption in the form of a delivery: some new soft towels bought in the sales for my wife.

Back to work.

Lunch was a brief interlude - I helped sons 2 and 3 put together some lunch, though my contribution was brief as the calls continue to pile up. Once made, I ate my lunch at my desk - probably a mistake - and I vow to do better tomorrow. 

The afternoon is similar to the morning - another delivery, this time sleepwear for son #3, punctuates the work.

The calls don't line up well today and so getting out for exercise ends up being another fail. I really do have to get this under control as I'm sure it's not doing me any good, short- or long-term.

Unannounced, evening arrives. I don't know if it's just the shorter days, the general gloom instilled by the greyness of the weather but it all seems like a struggle to maintain anything approximating to an even keel. 

Between the final carer call of the day and the imperative of dinner, I sit down and read more of 'All The Pretty Horses' finishing after I pass the 200-page mark. I'm now over two-thirds of the way through, so I should finish it in time for Monday, assuming nothing destabilising occurs. The story has taken an interesting turn and has managed not to follow any really predictable line, which is always good, though the novel continues to provoke a war in my head, a war between the writing and the story setting.  Will this battle be resolved when I complete the book?

The familiar patterns continue and I find myself sat down again with my sons watching 'Mr. Robot'. Tonight's episode starts off as a hallucinogenic version of a 1990's American sitcom with guest appearances from ALF, not something I ever watched, but do recognise.

Given the current restrictions on what I'm allowed to do, though I help with  bin night, all the 'heavy' lifting is done by sons 1 and 2.  Much as I dislike bin night, I still find it frustrating that I can't do it. Logic, eh?

Forwards to 2021 and a new release from the Portuguese band Beautify Junkyards on the wonderful Ghost Box Records.  The album is called 'Cosmorama' and the track I've chosen, mainly because I've heard it the most times, so far, is the first track, 'Dupla Exposição'


[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020

Lockdown Diary - Friday 18th December 2020