Lockdown Diary - Monday 11th January 2021

Slow start to the day as I don't think I'm going to do yoga this morning, however my back is feeling better and I'm going to attempt press ups and, if they are OK, then do my normal bicep curls/weights.  I've also invested in some resistance bands, and no, I don't mean the latest albums by 'Rock In Opposition' groups, so I will do the back exercises throughout the day and maybe start to incorporate resistance.

First carer of the day arrives after a week off work. Apparently she had covid but has been told by the NHS she is now free to work as normal.  I note she is being especially careful about keeping her distance - I have to trust that the NHS are giving out good advice.  None of the rest of her family - husband snf two children - caught it, so I'm taking this as a good sign. Roll on the vaccine, at least for my wife, if not me.

After she leaves I go and attempt the press ups - manage to do 100 and so also attempt bicep curls - also manage 100.  There is a twinge in my lower back but I'm going to continue the back exercises and hopefully squeeze in a walk, to continue to move things in the right direction.

Showered, dressed, breakfasted and ready to face the day.

The first major carer call of the day begins and I need to call the GP, as I decided I would yesterday, encouraged by my sons.  The usual long wait and repetitive messages heard over and over before I get to speak to a receptionist.  A GP will call me back this afternoon, though a GP I'm not familiar with. First step taken.

After lunch I finished reading the Sunday papers and read some of the latest issue of Private Eye.  I'd like to go for a walk this afternoon with son #2, whose leg is giving him pain, but I have to wait around for the GP to call.

A little before 3:30 the phone rang and it was the GP.  The upshot of the conversation was that she can't diagnose what's wrong over the phone and I'll need to see her tomorrow afternoon.  In the meantime if it gets worse I should either contact NHS 111 or go to A&E.

The GP call was timely and so son #2 and I can still go for a 30 minute or so walk before it gets dark.  He finishes what he's doing and we're both ready to go.

We return from the walk, which hit my target of 30 minutes brisk walking, both feeling glad to have done it, but the pain I am experiencing has returned as a result of being stood up for that long. Let's hope seeing the GP tomorrow sets me on a path back to normality.

Dinner tonight involves coming up with a recipe for chicken thighs, which in the end turns out to be a bit of a nightmare.  The recipe itself was easy, however for some reason - even though it was cooked for longer than the recipe required - when served the chicken didn't seem to be cooked.  I'm going to need to check that the oven is working OK.  

A much disrupted dinner which we ate in fits and starts whilst watching the first programme in a new (to us) series. There was a democratic vote and it was decided that son #1's choice, 'Mr. Robot', would be what we watched.

After that the usual end to the day.

From David Bowie to Tricky - there is a connection between them, so today's choice from Tricky's recent album 'Fall to Pieces' is a logical one. This is 'Thinking Of'.


[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020