Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 19th January 2021

Well, would you believe it?  A Tuesday primarily given over to work.  I gratefully note that I am lucky that my job allows me to work from home and I've been fortunate enough to work throughout the pandemic.  The primary consequence is I'll not have that much to say here, work not being something I can discuss other than in the most general of terms.

So, work then.

Unusually the postman brought me two useful/interesting items today, a book of poetry and also a letter from the hospital inviting me to attend an ultrasound scan in early February.  The ultrasound scan isn't exciting in itself, but it does represent the first step towards getting things fixed, hopefully.

Work again

This evening I'll be attending a Zoom call with some school friends, which will be a change from the rather more predictable course of each day.

Work continues into the early evening and I notice that my attention is flagging: I guess I did start at around 8 and have been at it for over 10 hours, so I think it's time to stop and shutdown my laptop.

Good catch-up with friends:  although they aren't able to do that much, it's good to hear about life going on elsewhere and a reminder that when this is all over there will be lots of in person catching up to do.

As I've been on a call until dinner time, most of that effort has fallen to sons  2 and 3, though I did help a bit at the start, before my Zoom call.

We have roast lamb tonight, which has cooked really well, and watch another episode of 'Mr. Robot'. 'Oh man! Look at those cavemen go' Everything that has happened to date was thrown up in the air by a revelation that calls into question everything that has happened so far. It's going a take a while to fully understand the implications - it almost feels like we need to watch most of the episodes again to understand what this means. Whatever we decide, it was one hell of an episode!

This week's 'Freak Zone' on BBC 6 Music opened with today's song choice, which is 'Definitive Gaze' from Magazine's debut album 'Real Life', released back in June 1978.  You can never have too much of Magazine, one of the great post-punk bands!


[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020