Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 6th January 2021

Just another working Wednesday...

Work has dominated the day, so far, though to be honest the 'so far' qualifier is superfluous, since it will dominate the whole day.

One note of mild concern, or at least 'mild' at the moment, is the fact that coronavirus is getting inexorably closer and, in this current upturn in cases, the chance of keeping us all clear of it seem much reduced.  My fingers and toes are all crossed.

Work-wise my day includes my end of year review for 2020, something I'm always glad to have done and dusted, though it always seems strange to be discussing last year when my mind is now focused on the year ahead.  Since I've spent the majority of my working life in the corporate world, I guess I should be used to this, though in seventeen years at my current employer, I've always felt unsettled by the process.

Annoyingly I have to make a rapid SAS-style trip to the shops for food as our shopping order is missing one key component - tonight's dinner.  The items were unavailable and they had no substitutes (which seems odd). Odder still, when I visit the store the items I ordered are there, on the shelf, though reduced as they have a 'short life' - no problem for us since we plan to eat them tonight.  I suspect they didn't supply them as they would have had to supply them for free.  Not impressed. Under normal circumstances fine, but this was a trip I didn't need to make at a time when I really want to stay at home. Whilst shopping I did think of getting a coffee, but there was a queue inside to the door, and I thought 'nope, too many people'. 

Back home after the fifteen minute trip out. Back to work.

A slightly unusual evening because it's not a bin night, that honour falls to tomorrow, but in every other way a typical Wednesday and no chance of anything different in these fun times.

We continue to watch 'Raised By Wolves' which in return continues to get weirder, which is absolutely fine by me.

The end. Almost.

Today's lesson is from Cornershop, album 'England is a Garden' and the reading comes from 'No Rock Save In Roll.  I think it has a strong 'Rolling Stones' vibe to it, what about you?


[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020