Love, Poetry and Revolution - Wednesday 2nd August 2023

I could get used to this. A mid-week day off.  It's a one-off though.  A day to celebrate son #3's 21st and go out for a meal together.

Although I'm not working, there are still things to get done: E's needs don't stop for anything.

There's also another distraction, something that will come in more useful as the months go on, something I'll talk more about in the next few weeks.  All I can say is it's something that fully cements my 'nerd' status once and for all.

Present giving and opening was later in the day than some of us had hoped for, and, once the fun was over, it was time for us all to get organised for our meal out tonight. There will be six of us and we'll be heading into town by bus, hopefully avoiding raindrops falling our heads. Luckily my feet are not too big for my bed.

We had a great meal out at a 'surprise' location, or at least a surprise(-ish) for son #3. Noodles, tempura and mochi all round.  Good fun and by some stroke of luck, we pretty much avoided the rain.

Home for bins, natch, though it is starting to rain now, but not enough to impact our bin putting out.

I think sleep is on the cards, though probably I'll use my bed tonight instead.

Joyce Sims /  'Come Into My Life'  / 'Come Into My Life'


[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020