Tales From The Crypt - Sunday 4th September 2022

The day in prospect seems even quieter than yesterday.  There's quite a lot of boring admin I need to do and also planning for something I can't bring myself to plan for, even though it is inevitable.  Depending on how Monday pans out, I'll start it then.

In the meantime the usual weekend chores, Radcliffe & Maconie, and reading the weekend papers.

I made an unplanned trip to the shops owing to an error on my part yesterday, which did at least give me the chance to chat with one of the checkout women I know. She was asking if Q was still in Australia and about E.

Ate breakfast on my return and got washing on at the same time. Multitasking!!

During the day I had some calls with Q who's travelling back to Perth with family members. 

In the afternoon, big sis phoned and we had a catch-up on our respective news. 

Our evening plans changed unexpectedly (the motto over our front door is going to say 'Expect the Unexpected' - mind you, if you expect it, then surely it's not unexpected?? Maybe it should be 'Unexpect the Expected'?): son #2 and his gf are off out to town for food, and son #1's gf is staying another night. The dinner I'd planned won't work for five of us, so I make an executive decision: we're ordering a takeaway. The consensus is Chinese, so that is duly ordered.  Sorted.  Whilst it's being made and delivered I get on with watching Hawkwind at Stonehenge (see yesterday's post).  I notice one odd thing and I wonder how the rest of the band felt about it. There are 5 or 6 women wearing white tunic dresses, tied at the waist (says your fashion correspondent), vestal virgin style,  and who seem to spend most of their time worshipping and adoring Nik Turner. Nik is sporting a white bodysuit, face paint and an unusual punk-ish, not-quite-Mohican hairstyle.  It's great fun to watch and the set seems to comprise stuff by Inner City Unit, Robert Calvert and Hawkwind, so far. I'm wondering what they'll play next.

The food arrives and three of us sit down and watch the 'HIGNFY' Boris special, and very funny it was too.

Time for bed and the rest of the papers (Emily Maitlis and Charlie Watts) and a great surprise - Q calls as she's woken at around 5 am, around the time I'm going to bed, and we have an extra chat.  A great way to end the day.

Lady Neptune / 'Time 2 Make U Feel Good' / 'Noz' (EP)  
(Warning: You might find the video offensive)


[[Apparently, the kids call this style of music 'gabber'. Fair play. It sounds not a million miles from what used to be called 'Happy Hardcore'. Whatever it's called, I like this tune.  Hard to keep still when this is on 😀😀😀]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020

Lockdown Diary - Friday 18th December 2020