Love, Poetry and Revolution - Tuesday 1st August 2023

Back to earth with the regular weekly hard landing.  To counteract that, I began (more or less, washing aside) with a decent walk and a chat with Q. Looks like today the weather will remain dry with some sun. Hopefully a good omen for the rest of month??

Alongside work I have a bunch of things I must organise for E today.  First on the list is a call to NRS healthcare.  After forty-five minutes in a queue during which time I moved from third to second, I gave up. They say, thank you for your patients. I don't have any.  I think if they spent less time practicing the guitar and more time answering the phone it would be better all round.

Eventually I got through, fourth attempt, though still I was second in the queue.

The third and final thing that I needed to do for E involved a trip to the pharmacy. In little over a mile of driving I had to pass through three sets of temporary traffic lights.  It seems all the roadworks across the country (it's not just a challenge here) are being done now.  These are delights (get it!) that bring variety and joy to everyday life.

Son #3 and his gf are off out so there'll be a reduced number for dinner tonight.

Over dinner we watched the first episode of 'Toast Of Tinseltown', which has been sitting around on the hard drive for a while, then headed for bed.

Jalen Ngonda /  'Come Around And Love Me'  / 'Come Around And Love Me'


[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020

Lockdown Diary - Friday 18th December 2020