Love, Poetry and Revolution - Thursday 3rd August 2023

Work again and, for a change, it looks like being a dry day, so we all know what that means.

Early doors son #2 and his gf headed to the airport as she is returning to Costa Rica via Houston.

We're having shower leaks again, or appear to be.  Investigation is under way (as is a call to the plumber).

It's going to be a very busy day, so I'll probably not have much else to say which may well mean I resort to posting this week's poem. I may not, though as it's not a favourite. It's by Thomas Hardy and he's from an era that generally doesn't light my fire. I'm more of a fan of the work of Laurel and.

All week I've been attempting to take daily blood pressure readings (when I remember) ahead of  my annual blood test tomorrow. No pressure.

There have been a few visitors today but no cleaner as she cancelled on me yesterday.  No worries.

It's pizza night delayed (it was insisted upon) but the meal was nowhere near quorate so son #2 and I watched something or other that was on live TV and chatted.

Off to bed and a chat with Q.

That Petrol Emotion /  'Natural Kind Of Joy'  / 'Manic Pop Thrill'


[[This is one of the great debut albums!  As I'm sure you know, TPE were formed from the ashes of The Undertones, and, IMHO, were even better.  I love the album title (what more could you want from a piece of music?) and there are so many great tracks, which are quite varied as this rather slower tempo number demonstrates.  Now that it's officially on YT there will be more.  It's a promise.]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020