Lockdown Diary - Friday 12th June 2020

Friday at last. I have next week off so the end of the working day can't come a moment too soon. Before that, however, I must finish the design document I'm writing, or at least get it to the point where there's nothing more I can add.  I'm due to hand it over late afternoon.

Eventually the appointed hour arrives.  Document's written, I now need to spend the next 60 minutes or so walking a colleague through the design.

One hour later and I have more to do, but once I've made the changes we've agreed and written the additional sections I'm shutting down and putting it all away for a week. 

Document updated and sent! A couple more things to do still: reply to an urgent email, update my time record for the week and set my out of office message. 

All done. About to put all my work stuff away. What a week! I suddenly realised I'd not managed to find time to sit down and listen to music all week.  Most days this week the time just seems to have evaporated - somehow it's already 7pm. 

Part way through tidying all the work stuff away so that it doesn't impinge on my consciousness, at least not due to external prompts, a friend video called me. We had a good catch up - him sitting in his office and me in mine. Son #2 was making dinner whilst I was on the call, which is an good feeling after a long days tryping and thinking.  The call came to a natural conclusion which fit perfectly with the dinner being cooked and served.

We watched episode 2 of 'Altered Carbon' with dinner. Well, I say 'we', but actually, I missed most of it and will have to watch it again, owing to tiredness and meds kicking in. That's my excuse anyway.

Woke up to finish this and get off to bed after clearing up the debris from dinner.

'Manic Pop Thrill' is both a great album title and also a great album. The headlong rush of 'Can't Stop' is always a joy to hear and I never tire of it. The louder the better. Take it away That Petrol Emotion


[[More useless facts: TPE was formed by two ex. members of The Undertones, crate diggers!]]

[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020