Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 3rd June 2020

Early start again for yoga then work.

Yoga was excellent, as always, and we're now up to 22 minutes of sun salute - well on the way to 30 minutes in time for the solstice. I'm most energised on Wednesdays, thanks to the breathing exercises, which is a great way to feel but equally there's not a lot I can do with that energy...

...except sit down in my office, at my laptop and think, read and type...

...with interludes for meditation and a semi-interlude (yes, I know an interlude is an interlude, no matter how brief, but it's 'semi' because I'm still working as I eat, so it's not a proper break, OK?) for lunch. Lunch today was especially fine as son #2 did eggs, bacon and toast.  (I am going to have to be careful what I eat for the rest of the day!)

Work again until finally it finishes...

The early evening got swallowed up in various tasks that needed doing, though I did grab a few moments to read a bit more of 'The Binding' and also this weeks poem, which is Shakespeare's Sonnet 116, and it goes like this:

Let me not to the marriage of true minds
Admit impediments. Love is not love
Which alters when it alteration finds,
Or bends with the remover to remove.
O no! it is an ever-fixed mark
That looks on tempests and is never shaken;
It is the star to every wand'ring bark,
Whose worth's unknown, although his height be taken.
Love's not Time's fool, though rosy lips and cheeks
Within his bending sickle's compass come;
Love alters not with his brief hours and weeks,
But bears it out even to the edge of doom.
If this be error and upon me prov'd,
I never writ, nor no man ever lov'd.

There are some great phrases but some of it requires re-reading and a bit of thought. Need to find the time to do that.

Dinner, three episodes of 'The End of the F***ing World' and then bins. Bloody bins. 

Discovered the album from which this song comes today. It's the first new album I've heard in a few days that rises above the average. This is Jack Hues with 'Whitstable Beach' from the album 'Primitif'



[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Tales From The Crypt - Friday 2nd July 2021

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021