Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 10th June 2020

Usual Wednesday early start for yoga, so no time for a walk or run.  Yoga was, as usual, energetic and energising. 

Sat down at laptop in my office for work, and worked, and worked, and worked.

Mid-afternoon, whilst on a call with a colleague, the phone rang and so I politely asked if I could end the work call.  To my surprise, it was the hospital giving me an operation date in early July.  I'll be having a pre-op assessment call over the phone next week, and then, for the two weeks prior to the operation I have to self-isolate: I'm not allowed out, not even to exercise.  This will be odd for several reasons, not least because it will be the most severe lockdown rules I'll have been under since this whole shenanigans began.

It's good news that there's a date for my operation, it's long overdue, and the way things are going this may be the best time to have it. I'm expecting to be off work for at least two weeks afterwards and this may fit well with current work plans and indeed other plans and aspirations for the rest of the year. If there is a rest of the year.

This news prompted a flurry of activity at work as there are people I have to tell and time bookings to be changed.

Before I knew where I was it was evening - no time for music - just straight into the dinner process and finishing the final two episodes of 'The End of the F***ing World'.  

I enjoyed TEOTFW, the dark humour seemed to fit perfectly with the times and my mood.  I am also hopeful that the ending was the end, two series, story told, let's not spin it out any further. I hope.

'Zenyatta Mondatta' was a pretty ropey album, if memory serves, with only one other decent track, apart from this one, however this song seems appropriate. The lyrics betray its age (VCR anyone?), but it still sounds good to me.  Andy Summers had that distinctive chiming playing style, almost like lead rhythm guitar, and Sting and Stewart Copeland had a tight rhythmic set up, often loosely aligned in a reggae style.  This is The Police with 'When the World is Running Down, You Make the Best of What's Still Around' (pause for breath)


[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Tales From The Crypt - Friday 2nd July 2021

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021