Lockdown Diary - Saturday 27th February 2021

Shopping Saturday, blah, blah, blah! Son #3 has been co-opted to accompany me as son #2's course continues on today - a deal has been done.

During shopping I bumped into two of the women from my yoga class, one who is working in Waitrose until the John Lewis store re-opens and the other who was just out shopping.  It was good to speak to different people in real life, for a change. I am missing both doing yoga and being with the people (even if only over Zoom) whilst I do it. I hope it won't be too long before I am able to get back into it.

The usual morning of chores ensues.  The eagle has landed.

Son #3 and I make lunch reasonably early as he's going out walking with a friend and I want to have eaten something before my covid vaccination.

Back from my Covid vaccination - had to wait around for 10-15 minutes to make sure I didn't have an adverse reaction, but it was fine.  One thing that did surprise me was how busy the town centre was. I don't know if it was just because it's sunny and quite warm today, but I didn't like how many people there were and was glad to get the hell out of there as quick as possible.  It did confirm to me that shopping early, as we usually do, is by far and away the best thing to do.  Far too many people, given the current level of cases.

Not long after I got back the phone rang and it was my mother-in-law, as has become the standard for Saturday afternoon of late.  She'd apparently rung earlier whilst I was out getting jabbed and had spoken to son #3 before he'd left for his walk. She's still not had her vaccination for various reasons, but I'm hoping my experience will encourage her to do so.

It's still sunny and bright so I'm going to go for a walk on my own.

I had an enjoyable walk in the fading sunlight and returned to read some of the papers.

I've been feeling down a lot lately, my limbo life barely qualifying as such, and decide to try and break the spell with music. My relationship with music though intimate and complex is more about a barometer than a agent for mood change.  I end up listening to songs that are reflective of the way I feel, helping me explore rather than change.  After a brief dalliance with Tears for Fears I find extended solace in The Style Council compilation 'Long Hot Summers / The Story of The Style Council' 

It's my choice of film tonight and I've chosen 'Being John Malkovitch' (it came down to a toss up between this and 'Electra Glide In Blue'). Let's hope the boys find it suitably weird.

After the film, clearing up then off to bed.  I am feeling incredibly tired tonight, probably all the recent sleepless nights.

'Waiting' by The Style Council is from the compilation 'Long Hot Summers / The Story of The Style Council' (originally from the album 'The Cost of Loving')


[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020

Lockdown Diary - Friday 18th December 2020