Lockdown Diary - Thursday 25th February 2021

Usual plan for a working weekday day ahead, give or take any surprises!

Up early for first carer call of the day and so I can get started on work promptly.  Today is unusual in that the cleaner is not coming but will be tomorrow, nevertheless there are quite a few other visitors are expected.

First caller of the day was a friend of the family who has set up a car valeting business and, unsurprisingly, he's here to valet my car inside and out - the first time it's been cleaned since the last service, which was quite a while ago!

Not long after the main morning carer call, the next visitor was one of our GPs who came to give my wife the Oxford/Astra-Zeneca covid vaccine.  That all went without a hitch, though I'll need to keep an eye on my wife as when her immune response kicks in she'll probably get very tired because of her MS.

During the lunch carer call, we get another visitor - this time one of the community/district nurses who as come to change the water in my wife's PEG balloon.  I had expected to be trained / given the chance to do it this time, but the nurse just wanted to get on with it and did just that!

After lunch my car cleaning was finished and it looks impressively clean, inside and out.  The car cleaner has picked up two new jobs whilst he's been cleaning my car, so that's pretty good going for a morning's work!

Work was suitably busy after lunch and was only interrupted once by a call from my GP about my hernia operation: funding has been approved and I need to pick up a form to book a visit with a consultant at a local private hospital.  I should be able to pick up the form from the surgery tomorrow and then book to see a consultant.

The afternoon passes in a mixture of work calls and document-writing, punctuated by the arrival of the carers and the imminent start of this evening's Idler drinks - this evening's guest is Virginia Ironside, agony columnist, author, journalist etc.

Virginia Ironside is amazingly frank and open about herself and her attitude to life which is refreshingly human and fallible.  I especially liked her thoughts on depression and death - an hour of my life well-spent.

I started making dinner with the assistance of son #1 and the usual steps followed, culminating in bed then sleep.

Seemingly apposite, The Horrors with 'Press Enter To Exit' from the album 'V' (another is overdue)


[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020