Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 24th February 2021

Yep, work again!

I need to finish some slides for a presentation I'm due to give on Friday, so it's going to be head down all day, I suspect.  

Work in the afternoon was interrupted by a call from the practice manager at my GP surgery: they want to come out and give my wife the vaccine (Oxford / Astra-Zeneca) tomorrow.  Obviously I say yes and decide to ask about me, mentioning that I'd heard that carers were bumped up the list.  As she understood my wife's situation and was aware that I'm her main carer, she put me down for a dose of the Pfizer vaccine this coming Saturday.  Apparently despite there being a recommendation that carers (for family members) should be vaccinated early, this is still not in place in terms of the order of priority.  She said I should be in the current bunch by age (though oddly was not on the list) anyway, so she was happy to put me down on the list now.

That good news aside, it's back to work - really pushing to finish the slide deck today.

Around 5 p.m. I finally complete the slide deck and share it with the team for review.  Time to switch to other tasks I need to get done.

Getting close to dinner time now, but hopefully I can find time to listen to a couple of songs first.  Left it a bit late so I don't get a chance to listen to much before I'm interrupted as dinner begins.

Whilst son #3 starts the dinner, I switch to getting the rubbish organised for bin night.  Son #2 is still doing his training course, which goes on until Saturday night, which means his dinner has to be taken up to him and he must eat while on the course.  The rest of us watch another episode of Frankie Boyle's series from the back end of last year, before the usual stuff.

Switch of pace and genre: from Neon Indian's debut album 'Psychic Chasms', this is 'Terminally Chill'. Not many songs could be more inappropriate.


[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020