Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 10th February 2021

Another cold day in what looks like being a cold week. This time we seemed to have escaped the snow, so the roads are not bad locally, though it's still pretty damn cold.

A long day of work ahead, to be punctured by carer visits and one of the district nurses coming to change my wife's catheter.

A nurse arrives mid-morning whilst I'm on a call with the team in India. I don't recognise her and she's not been here before, so I have to show her where the supplies are and so on.  I carry on on my call and before it has ended she's left the house. When I check my wife's catheter, there's a lot of blood, much more than usual. The nurse is still outside sat in her car, so I go outside to ask if all has gone OK.  She said there was a problem emptying the water from the balloon before removal, so that removal was a bit more difficult than normal.  She suggests my wife should have extra water so that it flushes through, so I agree that with her. I'm a little dubious but decide to trust the expert advice.  I and the carers will need to keep an eye on it. I can't say I'm happy with it.

Back to work, with a nagging thought troubling away at the back of my mind.

A hurried lunch as I have an afternoon of back-to-back knowledge transfer sessions for a couple of hours or so.  Brain overload!

The final carers for the day arrive, and they remark that the catheter is still flowing quite red, and I suggest we should keep an eye on it and if it doesn't clear up over night, call the DNs to see what they think.

After work I went over something I'd written to check for mistakes and tweak bits here and there. A final look tomorrow morning before it is ready to share.

We're all together again for dinner tonight, so it's back to 'Mr. Robot' to see what revelations it brings.

Sons 1 and 2 finish the bin stuff I started and take the bins out for us, I had noted earlier the air was getting pretty cold as it's a clear night.

Another compilation outtake, this time from French duo Air's debut album 'Moon Safari'. This is 'La femme d'argent'


[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020