Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 3rd February 2021

Midway through the working week now, or I will be at the close the day, though ahead today lies at least one more attempt at installing the software, which I'm not entirely looking forward to.

All the usual things happen in the early morning, culminating in me sat at my desk, working on my laptop.

I spend the morning in two further attempts at installing the dreaded software, with the second attempt using a newer version, but sadly the same result. Wasting most of the morning doing this, I agree with the guys offshore to call it a day.  We had a call and agreed plan B, which involves starting from scratch, removing the pre-requisites for the software and installing those again first. Meanwhile I will get on with something more productive. I've said I don't want to have another go until Thursday afternoon (more likely Friday morning) at the earliest.

Work all afternoon, but on something different.

The afternoon is briefly interrupted by the arrival of the shopping order, which my sons help bring in.

Once work is over I get a bunch of chores done then take some time to listen to music.  Tonight's choice is Becca Mancari's album from last year, 'The Greatest Part'. It's a really interesting album: she has an interesting voice and sings the songs with a phrasing and intonation that's captivating.  The musical settings are interesting and the lyrics good too, though I think she could develop this further - sometimes the lyrics are like sketches for a more expansive work and this occasionally leads to what can sound like too much repetition, saved in the main by the aforementioned voice, phrasing and intonation. I shall find time to listen to her debut from 2017 and look forward to hearing what she does next.

Time to start dinner: I put the oven on and am joined soon after by son number 2, who takes over.  Once ready we all sit down to watch another episode of 'Mr. Robot'. As son #3 remarks, this the first time we've all sat down together to eat since Sunday night.

Sons 1 and 2 take the bins out whilst I clear up in the kitchen, before heading off to read then sleep.  

I only just heard this track (in a remix, but this version is cool too) by Higamos Hogamos (no, me neither) from an EP titled 'Re-Exit' and liked it a lot.  This is the extended mix of 'Re-Exit'


[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020

Lockdown Diary - Friday 18th December 2020