Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 23rd February 2021

Back to work!

Work is very busy and life is in a state of flux at the moment, so I'm not having a lot of time to stop and think or process what's going on. Consequently I'll probably not write much here.

It is impossible to understand how another person thinks.

Work over. I'm making dinner as everyone else is busy. To be fair, it makes a change for me to be doing it on my own, so I really can't complain.  I am behind with some things though, which is a pain.

Son #1 and I watched a documentary called 'The Nine Lives of Ozzy Osbourne'.  It was both interesting and entertaining. Maybe could have done with a bit more footage of Black Sabbath and interviews with the rest of the band, but hey, whaddo I know?

I was quite surprised to find I'd not previously chosen any Black Sabbath in these lockdown diary times.  Now seems to be the right time to rectify that!  I've yet to be persuaded - and it's been this way since I was a teenager - that 'Sabbath Bloody Sabbath' is not the best Black Sabbath album.  I feel it's the most consistent set of songs and the artwork for the album (especially the vinyl gatefold) is the perfect marriage of image, content and intent, though I must admit that may be influenced partly by a teenage fascination with the Black Magic novels of Dennis Wheatley (and the films made from them, come to think of it), which may have been the source material for some of the bands songs too. Unfortunately, without going into details, it turns out that Mr. Wheatley was not a very nice person, but there you go. I spit on your gravy. Anyway, there is a point to this, which is the choice of song.  Not such an easy choice, it turns out - too many good songs.  In the end I've gone for this one, 'Sabbra Cadabra', whose lyrics are self-explanatory.  It reminds me of a woman with long blonde hair that I first cast eyes on during fresher's week at university. When I first saw her she was fully clad in black leather. I think she was out of my league and I was far too 'straight' ('strait is the way') for her, as a fresh-faced 18 year old. One can but dream. ('plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose!')


[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020