Lockdown Diary - Saturday 20th February 2021

Standard start to Saturday with son #1 accompanying me shopping - he was up in plenty of time primarily because he didn't actually go to bed until after shopping and breakfast.

After cutting my hair it's time for the usual boring chores, whilst finding time to keep in touch with friends.  

After lunch I had a call from my mother-in-law, which is becoming a regular feature of Saturday, not least because I appear to be the only person she speaks to most weeks.  After more than an hour the conversation comes to a natural end and I go and ask son #2 if he's up for a walk a bit later, and he is so we agree to go at around 4:30 p.m. (he does have get dressed, after all)

In the meantime I discover that the Royal Mail has finally delivered the letter I sent on Wednesday, which I am relieved about.

Time for a walk - it's very mild so for the first time in a while I just go out in a light jacket.  We manage to walk for a little over half and hour, which is a good start.  Even before I started walking I was in some pain, but by the end of it the feeling I had yesterday had returned. 

I can't seem to find the motivation to read the papers today, read a little in one and that's about it.

The film choice of son #1 for tonight is 'Soul', the Pixar animated film about life, death and jazz. 

I enjoyed the film, liked the story and there were some familiar voices playing some of the characters including Richard Ayoade and Graham Norton.  The music was good too, though I did wonder who exactly was the intended audience?  The jazz angle could put many young people off, and the with theme being death (without any real religious dimension to it) and, of course, life, it might be a little challenging for many. I certainly enjoyed it but figure it could be quite niche, but what do I know?

Song for our times: The Clash, 'Should I Stay or Should I Go' from 'Combat Rock'


[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020