Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 17th February 2021

Started the day chatting to the first carer, talking through some stuff and she had some good suggestions which will hopefully help in the casting of the runes. 

Work begins having lit the blue touch paper: time will tell.

Apart from the usual carer calls I'm expecting a visit from the community matron to check my wife's skin over and to discuss a few other things. From a work point of view these nurse / matron visits are always slightly problematic - I generally don't know when they'll happen, other than say morning or afternoon, but when they arrive I have to stop whatever I'm doing because I have to be party to all the conversation and decisions because my wife can't speak, and maybe not fully understand either.

As it turns out beyond the purpose of the visit, the matron has an 'ask' of me too.  Apparently community nursing is under a lot of additional pressure due to staff turnover and so she asks me if I'll consider taking on the job of emptying and refilling my wife's PEG balloon.  It's a little bit more critical and 'medical' in nature than the catheter flush that I already do, but I agree to do it as backup to the nurses, provided someone can oversee me doing the next empty/refill to ensure I do know what I'm doing.  I think it's due to be done fairly soon. 

Back to work

Evening now: dinner, 'Mr. Robot', bins, books, bed. The end.

Music? What to choose?  Lots going my head for all sorts of reasons, so I just need to stop the wheel spinning and pick one.  The wheel has stopped on this: Prince with 'U Got The Look' from the double CD 'Sign 'O' The Times' (Oddly, this seems to be the first Prince track I've shared - a strange omission)


[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020

Lockdown Diary - Friday 18th December 2020