Lockdown Diary - Sunday 5th July 2020

I may have had a quiet Saturday, but today will have to be different.  For starters I need to get everything organised for my brief stay in hospital: I need to have pretty much everything packed up tonight as I'm off at the crack of dawn tomorrow.

I also need to get stuff done today that I would have done tomorrow or Tuesday, like finalise Wednesday's shopping delivery and so on.

Not much to say about today - I've just been trying to stay out of trouble and get to tomorrow.  I've read some of 'Ulysses' though I'll not be reading any for a couple of days now. 

I've read a fair bit of today's paper, but I'm taking what's left to read in to hospital with me. The phone's been busy too: both sets of outlaws have called along with my 'big' sister.

A good friend is picking me up early tomorrow morning and taking me to hospital and we've been in touch today too, finalising details.   

The operation is almost in sight now: dinner tonight, some sleep (hopefully) and then I am up, showering and getting ready to go in to hospital. It cannot come a moment too soon.

Needless to say, there won't be posts for a few days after this, though I may return with a bumper edition describing the operation with photos of 'the inner organs of beasts and fowls'. 

Making dinner with son #3 whilst indulging in a little wine. I don't know why but two phrases keep popping into my mind: 'The condemned man ate a hearty meal' and 'The Last Supper'.

Dinner eaten. Watched an episode of 'Peep Show'. Good night. See you in a few days. That's all folks!

Eileen Gogan is an Irish singer who joined the briefly reformed Microdisney on stage during their farewell tour a year or two back.  She has her own band, The Instructions, and they have just released their second album, called 'Under Moving Skies'. Both Cathal Coughlan and Sean O'Hagan, who I guess more or less were Microdisney, guest on the album. From that I've chosen 'Don't Let Me Sleep', which hopefully won't turn out to be a prophetic choice.😅😅


[[Only kidding about the photos!]]

[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020