Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 29th July 2020

Up early again, this time so I can do the yoga pranayama session at 7 a.m. Yoga first, shower later.

It was great to do the breathing exercises (followed by a few asanas), though I did skip the Kapalabhati, as you're not meant to do it if you've had an operation in the last 6 months.  Must check that out, 'cos surely it depends where the operation was? Although given where my second one was, caution may still be advised.

Son #1 is off out to meet his girlfriend in Guildford, so, after yoga, when I came upstairs to shower, it was occupied. This was cool. I decided to do my exercises (press-ups and bicep curls) whilst I was waiting.

Son #3 was patiently awaiting my exit from the shower for his turn, so I got ready as quickly as possible and went downstairs to make my breakfast.  

The good news is my wife is looking much better and her temperature seems to have dropped (it was 39.1C when the matron came yesterday), so the antibiotics and paracetamol seem to be working. The matron is due back later today, so we'll know for sure then.

I've decided I need to finish 'Machines Like Me' (not us!) by Monday, which means if I read 50-60 pages a day, it's on the cards.  I'll probably read the 50 pages, or so, in two chunks today - it won't be a problem as it's a very interesting novel with an intriguing premise.  Slightly unnerving, but intriguing, nevertheless.  As with all McEwan, the writing is good, so it's a pleasure to read.

I'm feeling energised from the yoga and need to ensure I find the time to go for a walk today, an activity hampered yesterday and today by having to wait around for people to visit, who have no expected arrival time. I'll probably have the same challenge tomorrow as our GP is due to visit, but there's no planned time.

Apart from reading the McEwan novel, I also finished the 'Aeolus' chapter of 'Ulysses' - 'Lestrygonians' next, and also finished what is now the last issue of Private Eye, just as well, as the next issue arrived in the post not long after I'd finished it!

Much as I love reading, I can't read all the time - I'd get bored, and so I also found time to listen to the rest of Sunday's Freak Zone.  This was a really good programme with a host of new discoveries with albums to investigate, so expect to hear music from Das Rad, Gunther Wusthoff, Bipolaroid, Surprise Chef, and Malady as soon as I get a chance to listen to their albums.

Mid-afternoon the matron arrived to check my wife over: good news, her temperature is back to normal and her Oxygen sats were up to an acceptable level. Clearly the initial double-dose of antibiotics (and subsequent doses) along with her incredible strength at fighting these things have done the trick.

Luckily the timing of the matron's visit means I can now go for a walk - my first in weeks! Freedom!

Returned from 20 minutes or so of walking, mostly in the sun, and I feel great. Must do this again, but further, tomorrow.  After the walk I'm now sitting outside reading and drinking water on the seat in our front garden. 

Son #1 is bringing his girlfriend home tonight, in time for dinner, which means I've got time for music before then. Tonight's album is Tim Burgess' 'I Love The Night Sky', maybe followed, if there's time by a bit of Ozzy Osbourne's 'Ordinary Man'.

Managed to hear the entire Tim Burgess album, but then found it to be a good time to have chat with son #2 about future plans and so forth. A good discussion and a few important things made clear.

Son #1 and girlfriend are on the bus home now, so it's time to get dinner started and no time for me to listen to any more music. 

It was good to meet said girlfriend in person - hopefully the madhouse that this place can be hasn't been too overwhelming - we should have some time to get to know each other a bit over the next couple of days.

We ate dinner whilst watching episode 2 of 'Good Omens', which was good, though not as many laughs out loud as the first.

Le Fin. Almost.

I think the weather is screaming out for this tune: The 2 Bears with 'Warm & Easy' from the album 'Be Strong'


[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020