Lockdown Diary - Friday 3rd July 2020

Another full-on working day ahead as I try and get as much done as I can before close of play.  Whenever that ends up being.

Against the back drop of work I'm waiting to hear from the hospital about yesterdays Covid swab test.  I was told the results would be available today and that I'd only hear if it was positive: a case of no news is good news, I suppose. I will have to see how that goes.

As I suspected, work went on beyond 6 p.m. in order to progress things as much as possible before my enforced absence. Eventually I decided there was nothing more I could usefully achieve, so I shared the design document and diagrams to await my return.  I've just put the laptop, associated bits and pieces, along with my notebooks, away for the weekend and beyond.

Too late for 'Ulysses', too late for music. Time to make dinner with son #3, once son #1 has emptied the dishwasher and re-loaded it. We watched the last episode of 'Altered Carbon'. It ended at a point where it could be the end, for good.  I hope that was it.

No word from the hospital.

Usual boring story after that. What about some music?

Heard this on the radio this morning as I was getting ready, and I was immediately stopped in my tracks by the music. One of the beauties of DAB is that many radio stations broadcast the song details whilst the song is playing and thus I found out this was 'Cheater' by Wilma Archer featuring Sudan Archives on vocals. It's from an album called 'A Western Circular'.  I also listened to a song called 'Scarecrow' by Wilma Archer, which was completely different, but excellent. I need to check his albums out. 


[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020